Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ULTA Film Noir 12 Piece Palette

Ulta's Film Noir 12 Piece Palette


Today I made my first Ulta Brand Purchase. Something about the catch phrase of this palette got me! "Vintage Hollywood Glamour Goes To The Dark Side With Smoldering Smoky Eyes."  AND for $12.99? SOLD.


(Ulta Film Noir Palette)


The palette comes with some instructions to create some staple smokey eye looks. Always a plus for makeup beginners and sometimes a bonus for makeup lovers who may catch a look or technique they haven't tried in a while.



(Ulta Film Noir Palette)

In the palette you get 9 Eye Shadows, 1 Blush, 1 gloss, 1 mini eyeliner, a blush applicator and a duel ended lip and eye shadow applicator. Pretty good deal if you ask me!

(Ulta Film Noir Swatches)

Though I haven't done a look with these shadows yet I was pleased with the swatches. My only complaint is they kind of crumbled while being swatched. I am going to assume fallout will be a small problem. I usually opt to use an old school shadow applicator over brushes when there are signs of fall out. Packing it on then blending with a brush usually fixed this problem. :)


RATINGS:
PRODUCT: 4/5 (Some fallout, but swatches are smooth and gorgeous!)

PACKAGING: 4/5 (While I do love palettes, it's always awkward when there is an open lip gloss pot. I most likely will leave the plastic over it.)

PRICE: 5/5 ($12.99 for all of this? A steal. It makes the less pleasing parts of the palette workable!)



THE LOOK:

(Makeup Look using Film Noir by Ulta Palette)

Colors Used: Gold Leaf, Sapphire, Glamazon and Silk. 





No comments:

Post a Comment