Sunday, September 2, 2012

BH Cosmetics 28 "Smoky Eye" Palette Review and Swatches

BH Cosmetics 28 "Smoky Eye" Palette



When I saw this palette on the BH Cosmetics website I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I own the Coastal Scents version of the 28 neutral palette but as I had heard they are the same size. Therefore I knew this palette was going to be a great buy. The pans are sized roughly the same size as a MAC Cosmetics eye shadow. Here are some photos of the palette!
(BH Cosmetics 28 Smoky Eye Palette)

(BH Cosmetics 28 Smoky Eye Palette)


The palette contains shadows with Matte, Satin, Glitter and Shimmer finishes. You have everything you need to create a classic, neutral, bright or dramatic smokey eye! I personally am loving the black with gold sparkle shadow (bottom row, second in from the right!) As with most palette's some shadows are harder to work with than other's. Overall MOST of these take little work to get a solid color pay off!

(Swatches of the BH Cosmetics 28 Smoky Eye Palette)

The colors are brighter in person and more color accurate to the photo featured from the BHCosmetics.Com website! This isn't too common to have color-accurate photos of cosmetics on websites. For example: The bottom left red shadow is actually very RED, not berry as it appears in the swatches. BUT what is good about swatches is you can see the consistency of the shadow when applied to skin. These shadows are swatched over Urban Decay's Primer Potion in "Eden."


RATINGS:

PRODUCT: 4.5/5 (This may change as I get the chance to work with each shadow. So far it's mostly love at first swatch!)

PACKAGING: 5/5 (LOVE these palette's! Especially the ones that include a mirror and bonus applicators inside!)

PRICE: $14.50-$22 (I paid $14.50! The same price as 1 MAC shadow. That's about .52 scents PER shadow!)

WOULD I BUY AGAIN?: YES! but with pan's this size I won't need to! Though I trust the sparkly shades will be favorites of mine! :D

CONCLUSION:

This palette is a great buy! I think that this BH Cosmetics palette as well as the BH Cosmetics OR Coastal Scents 28 Neutral palette's should both be staples in every makeup lovin' girls life! The variety of looks you can create are endless and when it comes to price it's a steal. Like I said, each pan is literally the same size as a MAC shadow (don't get me wrong, I love me some MAC!) but I know not every girl can afford $14.50 a shadow OR does every girl want to! WHY not pick up both palette's getting 56 shadows for the price of 2 MAC shadows?

Even a MAC-AHOLIC has to admit that's a steal. Even if you only love a few it's still an insane deal!


LOVE IT.

xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment